It’s been one year since Southwest Airlines launched routes to the Colorado Springs Airport. Close to the Rockies, the Colorado Springs Airport is a short drive to scenic beauty, outdoor activities, local cuisine, art walks, a climbing gym, and so much more for travels to enjoy a weekend.
Visitors: #FlyCOS and Enjoy Local Hotspots
Stay the night at Kinship Landing in downtown Colorado Springs, a boutique hotel with hostel-style bunk rooms and traditional designer guest rooms and suites so there is something for every traveler. Local restaurateurs manage the bar and cafe featuring wholesome bowls, delicious sandwiches, and housemade hand pies made with locally sourced ingredients. Bringing travelers and locals together, follow them on Instagram for outdoor adventure inspiration.
Enjoy a game at Weidner Field, home of the Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC. The stadium is an anchor for a vibrant entertainment district surrounded by apartments, dining, and shopping.
Visit a local favorite for a night out – ICONS Piano Bar. ICONS in downtown Colorado Springs is an LGTBQ-friendly piano bar serving up Broadway-level show tunes with every meal. Check out their food and drink menu and stay for a bite!
Poor Richard’s Bookstore and Café is a great way to immerse yourself in the city culture and shop locally. Known for healthy and delicious food, an extensive book selection, and interactive and educational toys, this cozy bookstore is the perfect avenue for connecting to the community.
Want more ideas and inspiration? Head over to VisitCOS.com and build your dream itinerary.
Locals: Hop on Board for a Weekend Getaway
Southwest flights at the Colorado Springs Airport can whisk you away to Denver, Las Vegas, Phoenix, Dallas, and Chicago allowing for easy and convenient travel options. The Colorado Springs Airport is known for its quick and stress-free way of getting in and out with only a quick 20-minute ride to the heart of downtown Colorado Springs just a mere 11-miles away.
Need some inspiration on what activities to pursue once you’re out of state? Check out some of these sites:
- In Arizona, visit the Desert Botanical Garden in South Mountain Park, the largest municipal park in the United States, or spend a weekend hiking Piestewa Peak, the second-highest point in the Phoenix Mountains.
- In Chicago, visit Millennium Park, catch a game at Wrigley Field, or spend the day at the Navy Pier.
- In Dallas, go on a zip line tour at the Great Trinity Forest, one of the largest urban hardwood forests in the nation.
- one-way nonstop between COS and Denver (DEN)
- one-way nonstop between COS and Las Vegas (LAS)
- one-way nonstop between COS and Phoenix (PHX)
- one-way nonstop between COS and Dallas (DAL)
- one-way nonstop between COS and Chicago (MDW)
See You There!
With the immense growth in our city over the past decade and beyond, it’s no wonder Southwest Airlines put down roots at the Colorado Springs Airport. Book your next getaway here and see for yourself.