High Altitude, High Aptitude
More than a mile above sea level, education in Colorado Springs is in a class all its own. Campuses are globally diverse, with college and university students from 80-plus countries studying arts to aerospace and everything in between. More than 38% of Colorado Springs residents have earned a bachelor’s degree or higher. Academic investments pay off locally, with many graduates joining. Colorado Springs businesses are actively involved at all levels providing real-world experiences to develop the local talent pipeline. One of the most educated cities in the U.S., Colorado Springs is the place for active minds and industrious spirits.
Opportunity with a Measurable Impact
From liberal arts universities to technical colleges to a national military institution, the Colorado Springs region is loaded with higher education opportunities. Students pursue a broad range of fields of study. Five colleges and universities are certified as Centers of Academic Excellence by the National Security Agency, a testament to the area’s defense and tech reputation.
- A private liberal arts school, Colorado College is consistently ranked as one of U.S. News & World Report’s most innovative schools because of its Block Plan. Students dive into a different subject every three-and-a-half weeks. They take one class at a time, totaling four classes per semester and eight classes per year.
University of Colorado Colorado Springs (UCCS)
- From a satellite location to a small commuter campus, UCCS is now the fastest growing school within the University of Colorado system. Class sizes are small (16 to 1 student to faculty ratio) and low tuition keeps education affordable. The college’s diverse student body is comprised of students from 50 states and 80-plus nations.
U.S. Air Force Academy
- A public university and a military service academy, the US Air Force Academy leads the way into a complex future, driving advancement and innovation in air, space, and cyberspace, among other fields. Academy graduates become officers of character motivated to lead the U.S Air Force and U.S. Space Force in service to our nation.
Pikes Peak State College (PPSC)
- The largest place of higher learning in southern Colorado, PPSC offers opportunities at four campuses, three satellite locations for military personnel, and via distance-education system. PPCC’s innovative partnerships with business develop education and talent to support regional workforce demands.
Colorado Technical University
- Nationally recognized for its online programs, Colorado Technical University offers industry-relevant degree programs and provides students with control over how they complete their education. Degree programs and concentrations – associate to doctoral – are tailored to meet preferred learning formats.
Colorado State University Pueblo
- Located 40 minutes south of Colorado Springs, Colorado State University Pueblo provides social, educational, and cultural opportunities. With 4,000 students, class sizes are small and led by nationally recognized faculty. Distance learning is provided for flexibility.
Diverse Learning Pathways
K-12 schools in Colorado Springs provide students and their families a deep and remarkable array of options. Fifteen-plus school districts include public education to charter schools and private schools. Under the school choice structure, students may attend their preferred school, even outside their neighborhood, as capacity allows.
Education in Colorado Springs is a tailored experience. Schools are actively involved with student families to understand learning goals and personal passions. To that end, many campuses offer International Baccalaureate programming, STEM-focused and arts-focused curriculum, and foreign language studies. Because natural resources are important part of the Colorado life, schools integrate environmental stewardship, with one school campus located entirely in the woods.
Two of the state’s best school districts are located in Colorado Springs.
- Academy School District
- Big Sandy School District
- Calhan School District
- Colorado Springs School District
- Cheyenne Mountain School District
- Edison School District
- Ellicott School District
- Falcon School District
- Fountain Fort Carson School District
- Fremont School District
- Hannover School District
- Harrison School District
- Lewis Palmer School District
- Manitou Springs School District
- Miami-Yoder School District
- Peyton School District
- Widefield School District
- Woodland Park School District