Military Affairs Council
Bringing the Military & Community Together
Military affairs in Colorado Springs is ingrained in every part of the region’s foundation. Economically, the headquarters for some of the nation’s most critical defense operations generates a $7 billion annual impact. In the community, enlisted, veterans, and their families are active in the workforce and across neighborhoods. Supporting that ecosystem is the Colorado Springs Chamber & EDC Military Affairs Council (MAC). Through relationships with installations, government, and business leaders, we lift the voice of military missions, members, families, and veterans.
MAC members enjoy unparalleled access to our community’s most influential military leaders and have an opportunity to attend military speaker’s luncheons, hail and farewell events, base community relations meetings, Area Chiefs of Staff meetings and so many more. Whether your business is core defense, or you’re a business growing in the defense area, MAC membership is a great way to enhance your network and become part of this influential group.
Membership in the MAC is an add-on to membership in the Chamber & EDC. Contact us today to learn more about the MAC.
The Military Affairs Council, or MAC, strives to be the first organization Pikes Peak region military commands look to for service, support, and advocacy. MAC members spend energy developing and maintaining an environment that economically and culturally supports a viable local military presence.
- We help nurture, grow, and strengthen relationships between local installations and the community.
- We assure positive perceptions of our community by Department of Defense leaders and local commanders.
- We inform community leaders and MAC members about the issues facing our local military commanders and their installations.
- We support initiatives that provide a superior quality of life for military members and their families.
- All Chamber & EDC members are eligible to join the MAC. Military experience is not required; only a strong belief in national defense and unwavering support for uniformed services.
- Apply for the MAC: Download the application
- Note: MAC membership is available to individuals who do not represent a business entity. Those individuals may apply (or maintain their membership) if they no longer represent business interests and still want to continue to support MAC activities.
A Variety of Ways to Get Involved
Members participate on at least one committee and are active in planning and participating in Military Affairs Council programs.
- Defense Mission Task Force: The DMTF brings business, government, and military leaders together to improve the effectiveness and vitality of our region’s military facilities.
- Area Chiefs of Staff: ACOS members from local installations and regional governments collaborate to support key military interests and their impact on the community.
- Military Spouse Career Coalition: We work with elected officials, family services, workforce agencies, and others to pursue initiatives to minimize barriers to working military spouses.
- Senior Enlisted Breakfast: At these meetings, senior enlisted military personnel from each installation discuss activities as they pertain to their mission.
- Membership: Relationships and education are the focus of this committee, which also presents Hail and Farewell receptions, Military Speaker Luncheons, the Armed Forces Luncheon, and other programs.
- Sponsorship: Members ensure hosted events have appropriate resources to carry out the event through sponsorships.
- Liaison: Liaisons with familiarity specific to an organization or installation foster relationships to increase education and collaboration.
- Community Relations: Committee members promote an understanding of military needs through the support of activities and actions that benefit the military community.
- Finance: Individuals work with the Sponsorship Committee to build a budget for programs and other Military Affairs Council financial needs.
- Programs: The committee initiates event planning and works jointly with the Chamber & EDC to present programs.
Qualified and Experienced Leadership
- Kent Fortune – Retired – Chair
- Kevin Mortensen — Col., U.S. Air Force (Ret.), BAE Systems, Inc. — Vice Chair
- Jim Ross — Col., U.S. Air Force (Ret.) — Past Chair
- Reggie Ash — Col., U.S. Air Force (Ret.); Caliola — At-Large Member
- Kristen Christy — 2018 Air Force Spouse of the Year — At-Large Member
- Dawn Conley — Catalyst Campus — At-Large Member
- Paul DeCecco — At-Large Member
- Ron Fitch — Col., U.S. Army (Ret.), UC Health Memorial System — Defense Mission Task Force Vice Chair
- Kate Hatten — Peak Military Care Network — At-Large Member
- Ron Huntley — At-Large Member
- Michael Jorgensen — The Colorado Thirty Group (Representative), Red Noland Auto Group — At-Large Member
- Keith Klaehn — CSM, U.S. Army (Ret.), Town & Country Realty, Inc. — Defense Military Task Force Chair
- Johnna Reeder Kleymeyer — Colorado Springs Chamber & EDC — Ex-Officio
- Doc Klodnicki — At-Large Member
- Beth Leake — Colorado Springs Chamber & EDC — Ex-Officio
- Jim Lovewell — Lt. Col., U.S. Air Force (Ret.), Colorado Springs Chamber & ED — Ex-Officio
- Haley McGuire — At-Large Member
- Lisanne McNew — McNew & Associates — At-Large Member
- Terrance McWilliams — CSM, U.S. Army (Ret.), El Pomar Foundation — At-Large Member
- Randy Rocha — Harrison School District Two — At-Large Member
- Tom Strand — Col., U.S. Air Force (Ret.), Colorado Springs City Council — Ex-Officio
- John Trylch — City of Fountain — Honorary Member
- Brian Wortinger — , U.S. Army (Ret.), Colorado Springs Utilities — At-Large Member
- Holly Williams — El Paso County Board of County Commissioners — Ex-Officio
- Joe Wysocki — Col., U.S. Air Force Systems Planning and Analysis Corporation — At-Large Member
A Presence Throughout the City
- U.S. Air Force Academy
- Fort Carson
- Peterson Space Force Base
- Schriever Space Force Base
- Cheyenne Mountain Space Force Station
- North American Aerospace Defense Command(U.S. & Canada)
- U.S. Northern Command
- U.S. Army Space & Missile Defense Command
- Missile Defense Integration & Operations Center
- Joint Interagency Combined Space Operations Center