Colorado Springs ranks as one of the fastest-growing cities in the nation and it’s crucial to keep up with this growth by supporting local establishments that keep the Pikes Peak region special. To keep local restaurants open this winter, the Downtown Partnership, HBA Cares, GE Johnson, and many volunteers have teamed up to build ‘parklets’ to create more outdoor seating for downtown Colorado Springs restaurants through a $12,000 grant. These structures can hold a total of 128 people, which will benefit local restaurants in a unique way.
Whether you are a visitor to Colorado Springs or a long-time resident, make this Valentine’s Day weekend extra special by visiting local establishments for either take-out or dine-in specialties or visit one of the many attractions throughout Colorado Springs. Plan your fun weekend by visiting unique businesses that will create unforgettable memories with your loved ones. Below find some more fun ideas to take advantage of this weekend.
Support Local in Colorado Springs this Valentine’s Day
- The brand new U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Museum will host a Valentine’s Weekend special to visit the top new attraction in Colorado Springs! On Saturday, Feb. 13, and Sunday, Feb. 14, guests will have the opportunity at the archery interactive to shoot their shot for a chance to win a dual membership and visiting dates all year. Learn more here.
- Massage Heights has a Valentine’s Day special where you can buy a $100 gift card and receive a $25 promo card.
- Throughout February, adopt a Moose at the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo for $65. The Moose Valentine Gift Package includes: Cuddly 12-inch moose plush; personalized adoption sheet; fact sheet about Alaska moose; full-color photo. More gift options from the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo can be found here.
- Looking for a family fun outing? Head over to the Garden of the Gods Visitor & Nature Center on February 14th and learn to make Valentine’s Day craft bags. Free take home craft kits include supplies and instructions for a fun dino-themed card. Enjoy the rest of the day exploring and learning in the visitor center or take off on a hike or bike ride through the park.
- Check out the to-go offerings at Jax Fish House & Oyster Bar for a three-course seafood dinner for two, featuring finish-at-home lobster risotto, a sustainable Pacific ahi tuna bento box, and king crab merus (the largest, meatiest segment of the leg). While there, stock up on some add-ons such as sustainable caviar, ice-cold raw bar platters, house-made dessert, or deeply discounted Champagne. Looking to dine-in? Cozy indoor and outdoor dining options are available too. The three-course Valentine’s prix-fixe menu is $65 per person for dine in, and each dish is also available a la carte.
- Book a Valentine’s Day escape for you and your special someone at Kinship Landing, a friendly boutique hotel in downtown Colorado Springs that brings travelers and locals together around city and outdoor exploration. Enjoy the long weekend and stay three nights at Kinship Landing and get the third night for $39*. Use Code: Suite4YourSweet when booking.
- View House Colorado Springs is offering a complimentary bottle of wine with every family dinner for four ordered between today and Valentine’s Day for those who want to celebrate at home in addition to a special Valentine’s Day menu for those who want to make in-person reservations.
Business Support Resources
If you’re a local business looking for assistance, El Paso County, the City of Colorado Springs, Colorado Springs Chamber & EDC, the City of Fountain, Town of Monument, the City of Manitou Springs, Palmer Lake, and other community partners are each bringing tools and resources to launch the 5 Star Certification Program and to implement the program in a way that’s easy for businesses. Here is more information on the program and how to apply.
Contact us to learn more about how you can support the local businesses that make Colorado Springs such a vibrant destination to spend the weekend.