Government officials, industry leaders and technical experts are invited to attend the 2017 Government Procurement and Exhibition Summit to take place at the US Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs on Nov. 1-2. The Summit is organized by the Diversity Business Development Center in partnership with the Colorado Springs Chamber of Commerce & EDC and in collaboration with the Colorado District U.S. Small Business Administration to commemorate National Veteran Small Business Week.
- Federal regulations require that at least 23 percent of all federal contracting dollars be awarded to small businesses including: Women-Owned Small Businesses, Small Disadvantaged Businesses, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Businesses and HUB Zone Businesses.
- The 2017 defense budget is $593 billion and is projected to significantly increase in 2018 and 2019 providing extraordinary business opportunities for large and small business.
- Briefings by industry thought leaders and practitioners about the impact of emerging technologies in design and construction
- Briefings on the crisis in the cybersecurity global threats and the workforce – the shortfall in qualified and trained security professionals in all industries
- Venue to share ideas, conduct business, develop partnerships and expand your network
Feature presentations include:
- U.S. Air Force – Peterson AFB, Schriever AFB and Buckley AFB
- North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) and U.S. Northern Command (USNORTHCOM)
- Colorado Department of Military & Veteran Affairs
- GSA – General Service Administration
- SBA – Small Business Administration
- DOJ – Department of Justice, DEA – Drug Enforcement
- And more …
- Nov. 1-2, 2017
- Start Nov. 1 at 8 a.m. and end Nov. 2 at 4 p.m.
- U.S. Olympic Training Center, 1 Olympic Plaza, Colorado Springs, CO 80909
- Cost: Varies. Discount for Chamber & EDC members and Military Affairs Council