Be there: Startups to show off AI, blockchain & cyber engineering at XI Demo Day
Forbes Magazine recently coined this the Golden Age of Entrepreneurship. And considering the advancements in technology, access to capital and the ever-lower barriers to entry, it’s never been a better time to start a business. So, it’s no surprise that right here in our own backyard, a lot of effort is going into helping foster new business in Colorado Springs. Enter the new technology startup ecosystem, Exponential Impact, or XI.
Helmed by Colorado Springs business leader Hannah Parsons and Cherwell Software co-founder Vance Brown, think of XI as a sort of a laboratory for startups, with programs designed to help new businesses get up and running, gain momentum and stay in the game. The first and flagship program of XI is a startup accelerator program designed to kick start companies focused on cyber security, artificial intelligence and blockchain technology.
While startup accelerators aren’t a new phenomenon, they are relatively new to the Pikes Peak Region. According to Wikipedia, accelerators are “fixed-term, cohort-based programs that typically include seed investment, connections, mentorship, educational components, and culminate in a public pitch event or demo day to accelerate growth.”
XI’s first cohort is a group of four companies, carefully selected from a pool of nearly 50 applicants. The XI 2018 Accelerator is 11 weeks long, and began June 1 and will culminate with Demo Day on August 17. During the 11 weeks, the teams met with mentors, developed their MVP (minimum viable product), determined their marketing strategy, built their launch team, and prepared a pitch for potential investors.
The business community of Colorado Springs is invited to join XI its Demo Day sponsored by investment banking firms KKR and William Blair.
- Meet four new, technology companies poised to make an impact in the blockchain, artificial intelligence, and security technology industries.
- Hear about a brand new way to track food from farm to table, an AI-driven employee retention platform, a blockchain-based enterprise software solution and a game-changing remote camera.
- Meet founders from India to Iowa, and hear more about how these emerging technologies could transform our city and your company.
- Learn more about XI and how programs like XI are attracting venture investing to Colorado Springs.
XI Demo Day: Aug. 17, 2018
Accredited investors only
- If you’re interested and think you might qualify, check out the SEC requirements here or email email@example.com.
Community showcase session
- Open to community members
- 6 to 8 p.m.
- RSVP for free
Demo Day is a special pitch event where cohort co-founders showcase their companies to the community and pitch to potential investors. XI’s Demo Day will be hosted in the Rocky Mountain Ballroom at the Broadmoor hotel on August 17. The 2018 Demo Day is divided into two parts — a special investors session from 1:00-3:30pm and a showcase open to the community
The 2018 Demo Day is s as well as the city of Colorado Springs and will feature a special address from Mayor John Suthers. The investors session is for.
We want to officially invite . Mark your calendars and come celebrate the start of a brand new season for Exponential Impact and our city!
For more information about Exponential Impact, visit www.exponentialimpact.com