As companies and schools across the country continue to operate remotely, two of Colorado Springs’ key industries, cybersecurity and information technology, are seeing a rapid increase in demand for their products and services. And yes, that means they are hiring too.
World-renowned companies like Root9B and Raytheon are actively looking to recruit talented cybersecurity and IT professionals to the Pikes Peak region right now. Take a look at these five tips on how to secure a job within Colorado Springs’ thriving cyber-ecosystem:
- Check-out our new Jobs Board Resources Guide: We recently created a new, easy-to-use job search guide that showcases employers throughout the Pikes Peak region that are actively recruiting more talent. There are hundreds of different IT and cybersecurity positions available right now with some of Colorado Springs’ top companies. Check the page now to see how you can join one of the hottest industries in Colorado.
- Brush up on your cyber skills: Not only does Colorado Springs have some of the top companies in the cyber industry, but they also have some of the best educational resources available. Pikes Peak Community College offers degrees and certificates in cybersecurity that can help you immediately move into an in-demand career field while also training you in hacking defense, network-security fundamentals, security architecture, and more.
- Connect with industry groups for the latest hiring updates: There are several different communities on social media, like the National Cybersecurity Center, that can help keep applicants up to date on hiring news as well as networking and educational opportunities. In fact, the NCC’s 2020 Summer Cyber Camp is still currently taking applicants. We are also proud to partner with Murray Security Service to host Cybersecurity First Friday, a casual gathering of cybersecurity professionals the “First Friday” of every month beginning at 4 p.m. Read more about the event and set a reminder to attend the next Cybersecurity First Friday scheduled for Friday, July 10.
- Veterans, we’ve got your back! Colorado Springs is proud to be consistently ranked as one of the best places in the country for veterans. To support our veterans and transitioning members of the military, we created a special set of resources for veterans to learn more about cybersecurity opportunities at some of the region’s top companies. In addition, for those in the process of transitioning from active duty, we collaborated to create this Army Skills Profile that can help veterans understand how to apply their skills in the private sector.
- Sign up for our newsletter: The newsletter is one of the best ways to stay updated on the latest openings from top companies in the Pikes Peak region, and is also a great way to get exclusive access to news, press releases, and community updates delivered directly to your inbox.
Hailed as one of ‘the world’s fastest-growing and most lucrative industries’ in 2018 by The New York Times, the rapidly growing cyber industry is showing no sign of slowing, and analysis shows that cybersecurity companies in Colorado Springs have been largely insulated from the COVID-19 induced economic downturn.